“VISI plays a vital role at each stage, beginning with research. We work alongside our clients every day in product development and research projects.”
“We’ve worked with VISI’s Italian reseller, Vero Solutions, for many years. Their technical and commercial support goes beyond the use of the software, extending to a genuine collaboration in solving particular problems, ranging from managing product deformation to managing the coding of mold components at CAD level,” he says. “For example, we’ve worked with Vero Solutions in the past to create a fibreglass component for the automotive sector, which was characterised by great deformation. The skill and experience of the Vero Solutions team allowed us to create the part, using a specific VISI module.”
Onni-Stamp’s technical department has six VISI stations with VISI Modelling, VISI Flow, VISI Machining, and VISI Mould modules, as well as viewers in the workshop. “VISI plays a vital role at each stage, beginning with research. We work alongside our clients every day in product development and research projects,” explains Alessio Goria. “For example, molds have been created with channels shaped to guarantee greater cost effectiveness and energy efficiency in molding with dynamic conditioning, and optimizing the models and parameters used to simulate the process through the use of pressure and temperature sensors inside the mold.”
To extend their knowledge and perspective, they have worked on European and regional research projects with universities, research centers and companies regarding polymer processing.
One of the most important was Thermonano, which studied thermally-conducting polymer nanocomposites for making heat exchangers. “We tested the technologies most suited to converting thermally-conducting nanocomposites”, he says. “These are materials of great interest for applications where thermal conductivity, resistance to high temperatures and good mechanical resistance at operating temperature are required at the same time.”
The materials tested had presented certain critical issues and essential differences in transformation with respect to traditional polymers. Onni-Stamp was tasked with simulating and optimizing the process using VISI Flow, a unique plastic flow prediction tool, ideal for pre and post production analysis and concurrent engineering of injection molded components.
A couple of other research projects where VISI played a vital role for them:
- The Microcell regional research project, studying microcellular molding and its peculiarities, analysing the solutions that could be used to obtain an attractive product. “We analysed the effects of microcellular molding, in terms of process, deformation and the aesthetic aspect, combining it with dynamic conditioning of the mold. Through optimizing variations in the parameters of the process and the design of product and mold, VISI obtained particularly interesting results, such as important reductions in clamping force as well as deformation with microcellular molding alone. There were also important aesthetic improvements by combining microcellular molding with dynamic conditioning of the mold.”
- The Drapò regional research project developed high-efficiency integrated auxiliary systems for energy recovery and reducing consumption in motor vehicles. In particular, Onni-Stamp dealt with the industrialization and transformation of a component made of polymer composites.
Over time, they have developed a complete range of services, all of which can be performed autonomously. “We’re are now seeking to expand our services in two directions: first by creating non-conventional molds that employ advanced molding technologies, able to guarantee better end results compared to traditional technologies; and secondly by creating equipment used by clients during the production stage that permits beneficial synergies if well interfaced with the mold.”
Operating in a range of markets including automotive, technical items, healthcare and toys, Onni-Stamp has recently invested in new machinery including a high precision Röders 5-axis machining center, high-speed graphite machining center, and an EDM machine cell.
- New options in modelling which allow surface extensions to be rapidly generated for managing sheet parts, and parting lines for plastic molds.
- Improved performance on integration with solids in reading external formats, including reading and simplifying the management of B.O.M list data.
- The ability to work directly on a solid using 2D, 3+2 or 5-axis processing, which saves time and money, along with calculating and immediately verifying machining angles on 5-axis machine tools.
About the Company
Name: Onni-Stamp S.r.l.
- Single software solution for geometry analysis, 3D tool design, plastic flow simulation and CNC manufacturing.
- Quality, highly skilled technical and commercial support from VISI’s Italian reseller, Vero Solutions.
- VISI Flow used to predict part failue, achieve cost effective and reliable mold designs and the optimum molding conditions.
“The technical and commercial support goes beyond the use of the software, extending to a genuine collaboration in solving particular problems, ranging from managing product deformation to managing the coding of mold components at CAD level. ”